Sewcial Bee Sampler - Week # 4

Today is week #4 in the Sewcial Bee Sampler sew along being hosted by Sharon Holland and Maureen Cracknell and this week's block is Crow's Nest.  I am continuing to make my blocks colourful and scrappy as can be!  My version allows me to incorporate as many fabrics as possible, which is one of my aims in this sew along. Clearing out my scrap bins and playing with some fabric treasures! Win, win.
 
Block # 4
 The hardest part about the sew along is waiting a week for the next block!  Here are my first four blocks in all their scrappy glory. ;o)


Top left to right: Block #1 Patience's Corners; Block #2 A Dandy
Bottom left to right: Block #4 Crow's Nest; Block #3 Flock
Maureen and Sharon are doing a wonderful job of inspiring and cheering us all on, plus giving lots of  helpful tips.  Instructions for each block are well written, so it's beginner friendly and for those of us with a bit of experience, we are free to play a bit with things (as I have been doing by making extra pieces in my scrappy versions ;o).

 All the details to the free sampler sew along, can be found on Maureen's blog and on Sharon's blog .  Everyone is welcome to join the fun! ;o)
 

Comments

  1. What a fabulous collection of blocks you have made, Katherine! I would love to join in with these, your work is so inspiring! If only I had the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look so incredibly awesome! This is going to be an amazing quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some gorgeous scrappy blocks. The sew-along sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!