Trim the Tree Handmade Gift Tag

Reverse applique trees made by combining cotton scraps with a linen background make for easy gift tag idea.  Fusible web secures the cotton to the linen and then edge stitching adds a bit of whimsy.
 
Linen + cotton always looks great! A treasured bit of lace tucked into a side seam adds a special touch to this tag.

The addition of sequins and beads provides a bit of sparkle to the simplicity of this design.
 
Sequins add some bling and a fussy cut stitched to twill tape gives a fun finish to this tag.
A single star sequin atop this tree keeps the look clean and the finish quick.


I love how one simple design holds so many creative possibilities.  Dressed up or down, this trim the tree gift tag is a new favourite.

Comments

  1. Katherine, these are so adorable! I want to make a few for this Christmas and add a few more each year. just thinking of the possibilities of the cut-out being a candy cane, or bell, cross, or ornament! I love your creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-DOR-A-BLE plus!!! Still loving the art/work you share with us here on your blog.

    Happy day...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. How do you add the TO & FROM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative Katherine! I could never dream up all these wonderful designs...sequins, ribbon of all sorts, lace and linen! Before I make some of these I need to buy an eyelet maker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are so cute and unique. It's not hard to imagine the beautiful gifts under your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your tags are lovely. Do you write on the back of them or are they purely decorative? it's great to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!